Saturday, April 26, 2008

Wheat night!


Our relief society had a enrichment focused on recipes made from wheat and powdered milk on Thursday night. I made Whole Wheat Sugar Free Zucchini Bread. (which is my mother in laws recipe, so I can't take all the credit). My friend Angie wanted me to get her a copy of the recipes I use to her, so I decided to just post them on here!

Zucchini bread

3 eggs
1c. oil
1 c. Honey
2 c. Zucchini (blended)
3 tsp. Vanilla
3 c. Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Salt

Blend together: Eggs, oil, honey.
Mix in other ingredients

Spray the bottom of 2 loaf pans

Bake Time: 45-48 mins
Bake Temp: 350

Whole Wheat Waffles (also from my mother in law)
2 eggs (separate yolks and whites)

Beat:
2 egg yolks
5 Tbs oil
1 Tbs Honey
1 1/4 c. Milk

mix in:
1 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp. Baking powder

Egg whites: Make stiff and fold into the batter

Pumpkin Cookies (also from my mother inlaw)
1/2 c. shortening (or butter works well too)
3/4 c. Honey
1 egg
1c. Pumpkin
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. raisens
2 1/2 c. Whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Cream: Honey, shortening, & egg.

Add: Dry ingredients, & pumpkin. Fold in raisens

Bake temp: 375
Bake time: 9-11 minutes

German Pancakes (this is one of Kory's staple foods, and kids LOVE it)
6 Tbs Butter
7 eggs
1 c. Rice milk
1c. Whole wheat
1 tsp salt

Cut butter into small 1/2 tbs slices and spread onto 9x 13 pan, set aside

In a blender mix: eggs, 1 c. rice milk, and salt. Slowly pour in Whole wheat to avoid clumps.

Turn on oven to 425 and place pan of butter in the oven. watch and listen for the butter to bubble. (be careful not to let the butter burn!)
Pour the batter directly into pan.

Cook for 18 minutes, or until the top is dark golden, and crispy.

Those are some of my favorite recipes, all of which I got from my mother in law, and my husband, who I think got them from her as well. I didn't cook with Whole Wheat until I got married, and now that is all we use.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for the recipes!