Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Halloween Craft

I pretty much lost all motivation to decorate my house for Halloween, after I had failed not once but twice to make awesome decorations for my house. Which all ended up being total disappointments. This year I was totally excited for Halloween and couldn't wait for October, but as the holiday comes closer and closer and each day my decorations are not up I get less and less pumped about the holiday. Well then on Saturday I had some time to myself, you know that rare instant where your house is FINALLY clean, dinner is in the oven, and your husband is content with working on a project. So I sat down and made this Halloween sign for our door. I was really happy with how it turned out and it lit a new spark and I am once again TOTALLY excited about Halloween....I know it is such simple sign but it was just what I needed to get me pumped again. Maybe I am the only one who feels like this, who feels like they have all these ideas and intentions, but find themselves constantly never getting to them, or doing them and being totally put out that it was a HUGE flop. Am I just crazy?

7 comments:

rain said...

I would never consider the things you create as a huge flop. Even if some things don't work out sometimes, you still kick serious buttocks in comparison to anything I do. And your sign is very cute. Like everything else I've seen you do, I'm way impressed with it.

Melonius said...

I am so with you. You are not crazy. Or else we both are...

KaSs MiLeS said...

That sign turned out great! i love it!

Shanna and Brad said...

I'm with you on that, too! Maybe it runs in the family. Or maybe life is just too busy. Crafts and such typically get put on the back burner for me. But I'm determined to start making an effort. I should ask you for some pointers. That sign turned out way cute!

Shauna said...

Halloween comes and goes too fast to decorate. I never do it. Luckily Andy takes care of that for me. With Christmas I have to start on Thanksgiving weekend. Or maybe I should just do it now like some people.

Wendy said...

I'm totally impressed! I don't know how you do it. It's all I can just to squeeze in blogging time, let alone making cool decorations! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! I wish I lived closer so I could learn all your cool tricks!

Angie said...

I have been lurking, and I don’t leave comments. I've been busy. So, Kory, that's crazy about your Great nephew. I totslly see some similarities. What's crazier is that you HAVE a great nephew. Amy, you're very talented. Your ideas are adorable and I love reading your blog. I LOVE Seattle.