Sunday, March 30, 2008

In like a lion and out like a what?


Who ever came up with the saying "in like a lion and out like lamb" for the month of March seriously didn't know what it was like to live in Utah. Its more like in like a lion and out like lion. I am so frustrated right now, because I woke up this morning and looked out the window and what did I find? 3 cold and wet inches of dreaded snow?! I usually would not be this frustrated over just a few inches of snow, except that I spent count less hours weeding, raking, leveling, shoveling, and digging in my flower bed yesterday to prepare it for some beautiful tulip bulbs that I bought earlier this week. I was already worried that they wouldn't thrive because I waited to long to plant them, (I really struggle at the whole green thumb thing, mine is more like a yellow or black thumb) but now the snow is going to kill them for sure. I have heard that tulips are tough, but I just don't know if these ones are, they were just barely planted in the ground. It may be too much shock for them. (SIGH)

3 comments:

rain said...

Kudos to you for doing yard work. That's my absolute hated part about spring and summer....mowing lawns, keeping weeds away, and watering. And having to pick up my neighbor's boxer's ginormous dumps from my front yard. I'm getting tired and annoyed just thinking about it.

Angie said...

We woke up to snow today! I can not wait for it to get warmer up here. I don't think we've been above 40 degrees yet. Mu tulips and daffadils are coming up too. By the way, I think the endodontist I went to was really good. It think it was me with the problem:)

Jess~ca said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!

They will make it... they are hardy wal-mart plants.... i can feel it!!