Sunday, July 17, 2011

Our 4th in pictures...

On Saturday we went to Lunch at one man band with grandma and grandpa J, and then swimming the rest of the day with cousins. I sadly didn't take a single picture, but we had fun, and it was my first time really swimming since I had Dani. It was great!

On Saturday night we went to the fireworks, and lasted maybe 5 minutes.



Dani looks like a totally different baby when she just wakes up. She has such a swollen sleepy face I love it!


On Sunday Axel dressed himself for church...
We went to grandma and grandpa J's to have a bbq, play croquet and do more fireworks
Axel never leaves my parents house empty handed, this time they sent him home with a tinkertots set still in it's packaging that she had gotten from my grandmother's house. Kory made it into a pirate ship for him :)
On Monday (the actual 4th) we got up bright and early thanks to our dogs...but it got us up so we could make it to the balloonsSide note: This was Kory's first and he said last time he will do the balloons. He was really disappointed they didn't let them take off that day.

Then we walked over to the parade, and really had fun, until a football came out of nowhere and landed right square on Dani's chest. It was the saddest thing ever. But she was such a good sport about it, and didn't even have a bruise!

Because it was overcast for most of it we got to enjoy it for a while. Then the sun came out so we decided to leave. This Pirate ship is the only picture I got.
Then that night we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's for a BBQ

Axel saw Grandpa sitting by himself over by the fence, so he brought him a basketball to play with. He thinks the world of Grandpa, I love that they are both wearing their hats in this picture!
There was lots of food, fireworks and fun!
We made glow stick jewelry
Time for a fashion show....


Tiff and Austin with their bling
Jeremy is bad to the bone with his handcuffs
Maggie with the worlds longest glow necklace
Kyle bringing nerdy back with his headgearBut I think the most creative had to go to Andy and Axel...

Axel sporting the glow nose


Andy with his Oversized glassesAnd his Belly sticks :)

While I was off playing with the kids, apparently all the moms where doing their nails. :) My sister in law Rainey was kind enough to do mine for me during the fireworks! Don't they look fabulous. Sad to say they didn't last longer than a couple days though because We had a really fun holiday

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Good job. I never take pictures anymore. I've started to depend on you...which is why I have no pictures from Idaho. And the glow sticks were a hit!

KaSs MiLeS said...

I'm so bummed we missed out on the glowstick fun, story would have loved that!!
I really like Axels choice of Sunday clothes. :) he could totally pull it off too!

rain said...

I loved the way Syd hung out with Axel. They seemed to get each other's silent companionship. ;) And I thought the glow sticks was a fantastic idea. ALL of the kids loved them.
I may have to steal a few of your pictures, because like Kelli said, I didn't take any...I've been really terrible at taking them, as well. Also, I too thought Axel's church outfit was pretty genius. Sometimes I have similar thoughts on what I want to wear on Sundays. However, I would NOT get away with it.

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a great 4th of July weekend - you did a lot! I'm sad we missed the BBQ!

Kyle said...

I've always wanted to go to the balloon stuff.

But laziness wins out pretty often in my life.

Diana and Jon said...

She is soooo cute! You guys look like you are having a ton of fun!I miss you!

Shauna said...

That was so cool of you to entertain all the kids! I didn't take any pics, I might have to steal a few.