Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Church stuff...

Sometimes I get sick of my ward, my calling is hard, and I complain a lot about it. Which I think is why I am still doing the same calling for two years. (longest in my life, side note Kory has changed his almost a dozen times since I got called.) But that is not to say that I don't really love my ward, and the people in it. Especially in the summer.

I love that our ward does "walk and talk" every Sunday. We get a chance to get out with our family walk around the neighborhood and then meet at a host family for dessert and mingling with our neighbors. It is so great, and most of the time that is how I get to know people in our ward. This has also really helped Axel get to know people and kids in our ward better, and come out of his shell a little. It is fun to see him watch the older kids in awe, and run around with some of the tots his age.

I love that our ward has so many kids and babies my Axel and Dani's ages. Kory said on our block alone their are 13 babies around Axel's age and younger soon to be 14! That is ALOT of little kids. Dani was one of 5 babies born within a week of each other. (1 sister moved, and the other goes to a student ward, but she lives on our block) But the 3 that stayed all had sweet little girls.
Here is a picture of us with our babies

and just our girls...

They are youngest to oldest... Dani being the oldestDani looks like a "thugga" with her headband.

We also really love our stake picnic they have every summer. They have sno-cones, and cotton candy, face painting, rockets, and this year this giant beach ball! My camera died and so this was the only pictures I got, but it was Axel's favorite part :)

Axel chasing the ball

Getting a chance to push it
Running for his life as it heads towards him. I know it's mean but his scared run for cover face cracks me up every time, and I can not help but laugh.
And then we have a "Ward Pie Social" where we just get together and eat pie and visit. This is a pie eating contest. The bottom picture he was dry heaving from eating too much, but he ate a good portion and was the youngest contestant.


It was kind of nerve racking this year because it was at a park by the river, and have you seen the river this year?! It was crazy high and fast, and I was on edge the whole time. Luckily Kory kept close watch on Axel, but all the moms where pretty freaked out. This last picture is of Kory and Axel at the pie social.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I like just going to the activities. Unfortunately, that's the part Kyle hates so we don't go to a lot of the family ones. But I love the book club and quilt class. It's the highlight of my month!

Shauna said...

That big ball looks so fun! I agree with Kyle. If I'm going to go to a party or activity I want it to be with friends or family. I vote for online church with no activities.

Steve and Sheri Nelson said...

I loved the walk and talk and the stake picnic. They were so much fun! That ball looks amazing! I forgot Heather was pregnant. How fun! I love seeing you three cute girls with your darling babies!