Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Liam Maxwell Alcantera


Two days ago my sister went into Labor at 12:30 pm

4o minutes later (kid you not) at 1:10 she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Liam Maxwell Alcantera.

2 minutes later he was rushed to the NICU, and that is where he is today. Hooked up to tubes to help him breath.

I am asking all of you, my friends, family and blog stalkers to please pray for this family. Please pray for the doctors and medical staff that they will be kindhearted and caring and give them the attention and care that they need.

Right now he is on a ventilator and isn't breathing on his own. He has an infection that his body is trying really hard to fight, they aren't sure yet where it came from, or really what it is. They know he will be there at least 7 more days.

We got to visit them last night ( I have been on babysitting duty) He is super cute, lots of dark dark hair, but I think he has my sisters fair skin. I am sad for my sister. I know she wants to hold him and kiss him and nurse him but she can't. She has to stand by and wait, and pray, pray that he will become strong. She is having a hard time (as we all would, right?)

I know he will be ok, but they need prayers for strength to endure this trial. I know it is hard to have a baby in the NICU. But what a blessing it is to have these machines and modern medicine that are helping this little guy sustain life!

5 comments:

Jmiles said...

that is so sad. i've been thinking about her all day. i'm so sorry that they are having to go through this trial. our prayers are yours.

Jmiles said...

ps jerome = kass. sorry!!

rain said...

Hope all goes well, and little Liam gets better soon. Much Love, and many prayers.

Jess~ca said...

You can count on us. Prayers for both mom and baby that they will both get through this healthy and happy.

Ashley said...

He is beautiful, poor little guy. My prayers are with them.