Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gordon B. Hinkley

A couple of weeks ago I came across one of my journals that I write in from time to time whenever I find a quote that I like or one that stands out to me. I remember writing this particular one down. I wrote it down, after coming across it in the book by Gordon B. Hinkley called "Standing for Something". That book changed my perspective on life in so many ways. I know President Hinkley was a true prophet of God, and I am very sad for the loss of such a great man. He was a true example of what each of us needs to be, and he will be greatly missed.

"Love is the very essence of Life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Yet it is not found only at the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, the yearning of youth, the adhesive that binds marriage, and the lubricant that prevents devastating friction in the home. It is the peace of old age, the sunlight of hope shinning through death. How rich are those who enjoy it in their associations with family, friends and neighbors!"

No comments: