Tuesday, September 7, 2010

True beauty


My good friend Jessica Peterson , (the one who takes all of the amazing pictures of Axel) is in Africa right now, and has been photographing some pictures of refugee orphanages she is visiting.

I was really nervous for the sadness I would see there, like a lot of the ones you see from other photographers, and in documentaries, but like everything she really knows how to bring life and beauty to her subjects. Not that the subject isn't still sad, but she captures these little souls so beautifully, each picture is just inspiring in a I want to help and get involved kinda way.

I admire her so much, she is one of those beautiful souls, and I feel so blessed to have her in my life. But if you get a minute hop on over to her blog, really do its so breath taking, and also there are ways you can get involved to help these children.

The great thing is she posts at least every day so you get to be there in the moment with her. So worth your time.

Click here to view her blog

**I stole the picture of her above from her blog because I think that captures her perfectly, and she is always behind the lens.

4 comments:

KaSs MiLeS said...

funny you mention that, i was just looking at all her awesome pictures this morning. it looks like she's having a blast. that would be fun to go experience

rain said...

How could you not just pack up all those little babies and kids and bring them home? You know I have mixed feelings about this...as I'm a weakling, but they were indeed, beautiful, and I'm happy she's enjoying her time there. I wish there were a way to bring them all here and get them adopted.

Shauna said...

That baby is so freakin cute! That makes me baby hungry. I'm going to check out her site.

Jessie Eyre said...

That is so cool. Cool people are so cool. And cool people attract other cool people which is probably why she is your friend.

We still want to have you guys over. We love cool friends. :)