Axel turned three yesterday, I can't believe it, I can't believe how fast this year went by. I say that each year, but really this time I mean it. :) The terrible twos are OVER, and they weren't all that terrible :) We survived it, and even had A LOT of fun too.
Axel has grown so much this year, and has gone from being a toddler to a little boy. It is almost strange how much change and growth happens in a year!
Here are some things about Axel for the record...
At the start of this past year, his whole world was robots. He talked, played, and watched robots all day long. He knew the entire episode of Iron Giant word for word, Wall-e, and ROBOTS. Not to mention he watched countless transformer shows. He read robot books at night, was a robot for Halloween this year, and wore it at some point every day for the rest of the year.
Then he learned about SUPERHEROES and that became his whole world.
This year he has learned about and can define over 70 superheroes. I mean most boys his age like batman, spiderman, and superman. But if you show him a picture of a superhero he most likely will know it's name, and what his super powers are.
This has been really fun for our family this year. Kory loves comics as well, so they have really engulfed themselves into this. My knowledge of superheroes has expanded as well. I thought I knew my stuff, but BOY was I mistaken. I still have to ask Axel sometimes who certain guys are.
We were in the party store the other day, and they had the life size Avengers, and we were talking about them, and I said "There is Hawkeye" (Pointing at Nick Furry) and he looks at me confused, paused and then corrected me "That's not Hawkeye mom, that is NICK FURRY". :) After that I lost all credibility with him. When I tried to convince him that the Scarlet Johanson was in fact the Black Widow, he gave me a pretty untrusting look.
He has learned a lot about SHARING this year. Like most two year olds this has been a hard one for him. But he finally is getting that sharing is fun. He lets Dani use and play with his toys, and dress up clothes, and I am really proud of him.
I tried to remember something funny or cute he did each day and for a while there I was really good at writing them all down... but he really is super FUNNY, and I get such a kick out of the funny things he says and does each day.
I love listening in on him and his FRIENDS playing together. He LOVES playing with his friends. This has been harder for me, he is already wanting to be with his friends all day long. Sun up and sun down he wants to play with his friends. Luckily we have a GREAT group of kids around here, and a lot of really fun cousins. He is a lucky lucky kid to have so many options for play groups.
He is such a good BROTHER to Dani. Sometimes they fight. I think that goes with having a sibling but he is so kind and patient with his sister, who sometimes is not so kind or patient with him. We're working on it.
We celebrated his birthday a day early, and for the past couple of days as he plays with all his new toys, he has been so kind and HAPPY. He is just on cloud nine!
He is a SWIM champ! He completed his first real year of swimming lessons. He can float on his back by himself, submerge his face, glide while kicking, use a kickboard like a pro, and is pretty confident in the water. One day after watching me dive in while swimming with friends he taught himself how to dive in. :) Post the video later :)
We have a lot of things to look forward too this year for him, and this coming month for him. He is starting pre-school, and soccer, and singing/dancing. Wowza! that is a lot of things at once!
Here are some questions I asked him this morning: Note he is wearing batman clothes right now. His answers are tailored to that.
1. What is your favorite color? Black and white AND yellow and red (all of which he is wearing)
2. What is your favorite toy? Batman (also what he is wearing)
3. What is your favorite fruit? blackberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Batman and Wonder Woman and Superman
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken Nuggets
6. What is your favorite outfit? His new Batman Jammies
7. What is your favorite game? Playdough
8. What is your favorite snack? Cookies
9. What is your favorite animal? Zeebra, Lion and Monkey
10. What is your favorite song? na na na na batman!
11. What is your favorite book? Batman
12. Who is your best friend? Nicolas, and Ashdon, Maddy, Jared
13. What is your favorite cereal? Spiderman
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Go swimming
15. What is your favorite drink? Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? my birthday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? batman jammies
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? I don't want dinner for my birthday?
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A superhero! BATMAN