Thursday, January 27, 2011

what?


I don't really have a story to go along with these pictures other than that Axel is pretty stinking cute...

We are still here, just busy, Axel has a cold. Major bummer. I woke up with it this morning. Boo! But that's what winter is about, colds, flu, crappy roads, yada, yada, yada, there really is nothing good about it after the holidays are over.

I am so looking forward to spring! Even though I will be huge and we have too many stray cats, so I wont be able to plant my garden this year, (unless I can convince Kory to do it for me or my mom). I am still excited. I can't wait to go for walks and see all the flowers in bloom, I love Easter and Mother's day too.Wahoo! I am excited.

Anyway I love spring, I am really excited for my tulips this year. I planted a bunch of new tulips last year, and I can't wait for them to all fill my flower bed! And maybe this year I will get a few more strawberries from my plants, we got like 3 from each plant. Axel loved it tho, he totally hated them at first, but learned to love them. He had fun picking them and just eating them, and even though they tasted tart, he eventually enjoyed them. He loved our garden, we would go out and pick stuff and chop it up for dinner, and he just thought it was pretty neat. I did too, it was my first attempt, and although my tomatoes died and most of the plants we planted didn't really work out. We did get some yummy squash, zucchini, peppers, corn, beans and a teeny tine cantaloupe. (which the birds finally ate, or the neighbors dog)

And then of course I am SO excited for summer, this summer will be somewhat of a challenge, with a new baby to add to the mix, but even still, the idea of warmer weather and watermelon, oh how I could really go for a big bowl of cold crisp watermelon right now. Sigh, sigh, sigh... Something I really miss about being pregnant during summer, although with this pregnancy I would probably have thrown it up and hate it now, so I should count my blessings.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

He looks like a little copy of Kory in those pictures with their matching hair. Sorry you can't garden and sorry Axel is sick, we've got that going on over here too. I hate it.

Kory said...

There is a story behind the pictures. Axel loves microphones! I'm very proud of this fact. I look up microphones on the internet almost every day. He has yet to talk into a microphone that's plugged into anything yet. But he's going to love it.

KaSs MiLeS said...

You read my mind. So done with winter, contemplating moving somewhere warmer!
Axel is pretty stink in cute in those pictures. :)

Jessie Eyre said...

You're gonna love having an early summer baby, though. Really. If I could plan my babies, that's how I'd plan them....


Because early summer is the best with the tulips and the strawberries and the sunshiny days with clear roads and clear noses.......

Yes, you've made me excited to keep pressing forward. I almost gave up today. :)

Kyle said...

Is that filter called, "Milk Carton Lost Child" filter?

rain said...

I think his rockstar pics are adorable. You need to get a karaoke machine. That would be the custest thing ever at parties. Get him to sing some Ke$ha tunes...